Long Island Capital Alliance Breaks Attendance Record with 2023 Cannabis Capital Forum
The Most Anticipated Annual Cannabis Industry Event on Long Island Delivers Packed Audience & Unrivaled Investment and Networking Opportunities
Fireside Chat Featured Tremain S. Wright, Chair of NY Cannabis Control Board, and Senator Jeremy Cooney, Chair of NYS Senate Cannabis Subcommittee
Melville, NY – December 20, 2023 – The Long Island Capital Alliance (“LICA”), Long Island’s leading non-profit capital formation and business development organization, today announced that its annual Cannabis Capital Forum held on December 8, 2023 set a record for attendance, with keynote speakers, presenting companies and investor and industry panelists providing engaging insights for regional investment and business community event participants.
Congratulating LICA and its Cannabis Event coordinators, Tessa E. Williams of Empire Farms, a presenting company, said, “[We are] tremendously grateful to each of you for your time, guidance and support.” Ms. Williams is an author, school food activist, entrepreneur, cannabis farmer and founder of the FarmOn! Foundation, a 501(C)3 non-profit organization and public charity. Her woman owned and led cannabis company, Empire Farms, holds a NYS Adult Use Cultivation License and long term lease at Empire Farm, NY.
“After presenting my pitch at the LICA Cannabis Capital Forum, I received praise and interest from fellow presenters, signaling that the pitch went well,” said Roger Thomas, Co-Founder and COO of Mello Tymes LLC, a presenting company. “I particularly enjoyed the networking opportunities at the event; it allowed me to connect with industry experts and like-minded individuals, which was not only informative but also a great chance to build valuable relationships.” Mello Tymes is a minority and returning citizen owned cannabis brand.
Michael Lane, LICA’s Chairman, said, “Great things happen when we bring our community together! The presenters were well coached and enthusiastically told the story of their companies.”
The capital forum featured:
- · Adonis Holdings Inc. is a processor applicant led by an experienced western US management team, with an established business based on branded products including flower, pre-rolls, pens, hash, and rosin. Facility in Gloversville, New York.
- · Empire Farmsis a licensed outdoor cultivator located in Copake, New York. It is a women-owned and led corporation.
- · High Falls Canna is a strong established brand in New York for high-quality flower, kief, chillums and more, cultivated in the Hudson Valley and already on the shelves in many New York dispensaries and CGS's.
- · Mello Tymes LLCis a retail dispensary in the Bronx, New York.
- · Planet Nuggis a retail dispensary and delivery service with an established location in Farmingdale, New York.
- · Purple Owl Dispensary is a high-end licensed legal retail dispensary in downtown White Plains, Westchester County.
Fireside Chat Speakers
- · Tremain S. Wright, Chair of NY Cannabis Control Board
- · Jeremy Cooney, State Senator and Chair of NYS Senate Cannabis Subcommittee
- · Neil Kaufman, Managing Member of Kaufman McGowan PLLC
- · Jill Scher, Partner in the Tax & Business Services division of Marcum LLP
- · Peter Sack, Managing Director of Chicago Atlantic
- · Jeff Finkle, CEO of The Arcview Group
- · Brian Herrington, VP External Affairs & Foundation President of Scotts Miracle-Gro
LICA hosted the Cannabis Capital Forum on Friday, December 8, 2023, from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM Eastern at the RXR Center, 68 South Service Road, Melville, NY, 11747. The capital forum provided an opportunity to meet capital providers, entrepreneurs, industry executives and businesses seeking capital, as well as to hear industry experts discuss financing alternatives for the emerging cannabis industry.
About Long Island Capital Alliance
Since 1984, the Long Island Capital Alliance (www.licapital.org), formerly known as Long Island Venture Group, has been promoting business growth on Long Island. LICA seeks to create a productive and business-friendly environment that will afford area businesses access to the resources necessary to compete successfully in today’s markets. LICA serves as a focal point for the exchange of ideas among new and existing business enterprises, successful entrepreneurs, investors, and service providers. Through quarterly capital forums and special meetings, LICA brings together members of the region's business community, and has been recognized as the place to turn to when small businesses need equity, debt, or other financing, or for investors to find an attractive investment opportunity.
LICA’s mission is to encourage economic development on Long Island by facilitating capital formation for a broad range of companies in various industries, from early stage to mature, middle market, closely held and publicly traded businesses. LICA accomplishes this primarily through education, networking, quarterly capital forums, periodic special educational meetings, and alliances with other regional organizations. LICA brings together members of the region’s business community and serves as the finance arm for significant local business and organizations.
The work of LICA in assisting dozens of local companies in raising over $150 million and providing business formation consultation would not be possible without the support of its sponsors. A total of 14 sponsors provide LICA, a non-profit organization, with financial contributions and in-kind services.
Our sponsors contribute considerable time and effort to the success of LICA. Please support them! For more information on LICA sponsors and next events, please contact LICA today or register online at www.licapital.org.
* * *
Darrow Associates, Inc.